Westport Probate Dispute Attorney
Experienced Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer Serving Clients in Connecticut and New York
I am Richard A. Sarner of Zeldes, Needle & Cooper, P.C. and I provide flexible, individual solutions for clients’ estate planning needs. Whether you want to make sure your grandchildren are provided for, plan for the transition of your business to the next generation, or create a special needs trust, I will work closely with you to design a plan that meets your needs in a way that is tax-efficient and protected from liability.
Contact me today and schedule a consultation at my offices in Stamford, Connecticut, or New York City.
Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration, Health Care, Retirement and Charitable Giving
I provide cutting-edge solutions to meet a variety of estate planning, wealth preservation, charitable planning and probate needs:
- Irrevocable trusts and wealth transfers : I use a number of different devices, including family limited partnerships (FLPs), trusts and foundations, to ensure your wealth is transferred to whom you want on a schedule that you determine.
- Business succession planning : I can help your small business or family business create a succession plan to promote a seamless transition and minimize disputes.
- Asset protection planning : I help business owners, doctors and other professionals protect their personal assets from exposure to professional liability risk.
- Insurance planning : Insurance can be a very effective way to leverage your current assets and is essential to any estate plan. I can also help with long-term health care insurance.
- Retirement planning : I work closely with financial advisors to help my clients maximize and preserve their wealth with a variety of solutions, including Roth IRAs.
- Elder law and Medicaid planning : I help families protect their assets from the high expenses of long-term care by working with them to plan appropriately for private care or Medicaid benefits. I help you answer questions such as: How do I protect my house?
- Estate and trust planning and administration : With proper planning, I can make sure your estate and trusts are properly administered and that the funds are distributed as directed. I can assist with setting up a wide variety of trusts and other issues such as:
- Living trusts
- Retirement trusts
- Irrevocable and family trusts for noncitizen spouses, minors and children, and those with special needs
- Generation-skipping trusts, which allows tax-exempt transfers of up to $2 million
- Charitable giving : I can help you leave a legacy for your favorite charities tax-efficiently through bequests, charitable trusts, charitable remainder trusts and other instruments.
- Probate : I handle probate efficiently and are experienced in resolving will contests and other probate disputes equitably and cost-effectively.
Contact an Experienced Suffolk County Asset Protection Lawyer
With more than 25 years of estate planning and probate law experience, I regularly consult tax experts, accountants and financial planners to help clients do more with the money they’ve worked hard to earn and save. I am a member of WealthCounsel and the Wealth Strategies Collaborative®, is AV Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, and am listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.™ I am the co-author of two books on estate planning and philanthropy.
For knowledgeable estate planning and wealth transfer counsel, contact me, Suffolk County asset protection attorney Richard A. Sarner, today to schedule an appointment.